We then watched the following video:
1. How did the pythons get to Florida? Are there any feasible ways to prevent something like this from happening again?
2. How are scientists and the community attempting to curb the population of pythons and reduce the effect they have on the Everglades?
3. What ways do you think their efforts of snake removal could be improved? Remember to think about the native species that are already here!
4. Using the internet, find another example of an invasive species and answer the questions above regarding that organism.
1. Watch the following video (about 20 min.)
2. Calculate your ecological footprint here. Note: You will need Adobe Flash for this and possibly your parents' help due to the nature of some of the questions.
3. Choose one of the ecology infographics below and read through it.
The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
The Global Water Crisis
Effect of Overpopulation on Public Health
The Life Cycle of a Plastic Bag
The Environmental Impact of Cell Phones (seen below)
3. Go to this document, and answer the questions found within.