Students will be able to:
1. Compare characteristics of taxonomic groups, including archaea, bacteria, protists, fungi, plants, and animals.
2. Examine specialized cells and systems of unicellular and multicellular organisms.
3. Summarize the roles of microorganisms in both maintaining and disrupting the health of both organisms and ecosystems.
4. Compare the structure of viruses to cells, describe viral reproduction, and describe the role of viruses in causing disease.
5. Describe the interactions that occur among systems that perform the function of defense against injury or illness in animals.