Then students are to create a presentation about a chosen infectious disease which will be presented to the class over the next week. The diseases you can choose from can be found here.
The presentation should include the following:
- Name of the disease
- Name of organism that causes the disease (if bacteria, needs to be scientific name) and whether they are bacteria or a virus
- 2+ pictures of the organism that causes the disease
- How you can catch the disease
- Symptoms of the disease with pictures
- Treatment for the disease
- Number of people affected in the U.S. and worldwide each year
- Mortality rate (chance of you dying)
- 5+ Interesting Facts about the pathogen or the disease
These can be done in any format you choose.
These presentations must be prepared by:
- Bacteria: by Monday, Nov. 16
- Virus: by Tuesday, Nov. 17